Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Where are we now? Almost a Month Later

Okay so here we are. Almost a month after I wrote my last post and made the list of things that I needed to do to get back on track. Here I am checking in against my list and let's see where we're at.

1. Sleep - I'm getting plenty of sleep during the night with occasional bouts of being awoken by the cat. She really likes to sleep by my side and sometimes I feel so crowded between Ben on my right and the cat on my left. I'm still falling asleep on the couch which still needs to stop but I'm not sure why I am. Maybe I'm not getting enough sleep? Between couch and bed I'm getting about 7 hours now. Not too far from my goal of 8 - 8 1/2 hours.

2. Night time ritual - Maybe if I didn't fall asleep on the couch every night I could make this happen. No progress on this front.

3. Daily Exercise - I've definitely improved in this area. While it took me a few weeks to get going, I'm now working out 5 to 6 days a week. I go with a co-worker at work and then with a friend on the weekend. I've been doing cardio, classes and weights. So far I've lost 8 pounds which isn't so bad for two weeks. Another 2 and I get my non-food reward! I've noticed that my waist is a little smaller. I still have a long ways to go, but I'm just trying to take it one day at a time which makes me feel like my goal is attainable. I'm no longer obsessed with losing all this weight in a short period of time. You don't gain weight all at once, so there is no reason to think that it's all going to come off at once. Btw, you should google "What does 5 lbs of fat look like?" You'd be very surprised and it makes you feel pretty accomplished.

4. Meds - Yep, have been taking my meds on schedule. Haven't forgotten any since I put my pill container back to use. Taking AM and PM meds was never this easy!

5. Self-Care -- I've done one self-care thing since my last post and that was get a pedicure. I need to work on this a little more especially now that I'm working out. I need downtime to relax and make myself feel good.

6. Art Therapy - Sadly hasn't happened but that just gives me another goal for next month!

7. Journalling/Writing/Poetry - Again like the art therapy. Didn't quite make it in there, again, I mean if you don't count pen pal letters. I am writing on the regular to my pen pals and trying to keep up with that. I think what is stopping this is too much fucking TV. I used to never watch TV and now it feels like it's all I do.

8. Alcohol - CUT WAAAAAY BACK. I rarely drink during the week unless I'm attending a happy hour somewhere and on the weekends it's maybe two regular drinks if I go out. We don't keep alcohol in the house anymore and only drink when we go out. While there are still times that I really crave a beer after work, I don't give in to that urge. I may not be sober, but at least I've cut back.

9. Motivation - I've found a little bit. Working out makes me feel really good which makes me just want to do it more which is a fabulous cycle to get into...not to mention seeing the scale go down. I think I need to focus more on my creative motivation this next month and at least try to get something other than pen palling done. I'll let you know how that goes.

February goals:

1. Keep working towards Art Therapy.
2. Keep working towards Journalling, etc.
3. Find my night time ritual and stick to it.
4. Keep up with the diet and exercise. My goal for the next month is as follows.

SW: 220.7
CW: 212.1
Feb Goal weight: 208.0
Ultimate Goal weight: 145

Total weight loss: 8 lbs.

What are your goals for next month?



No comments:

Post a Comment