Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Friday, May 18, 2012

† Lithium Princess †



† Lithium Princess



I'm staring at a bottle of prescription pills.

I know what you are,

and what you will do to me.

You won't give me a high,

and you won't make me pleasantly numb.

You'll interfere with my life,

and stigmatize me more than I already have been.



The sickness will grow with your

increasing toxicity.

450 to six

six-100 to twelve.

Pills before bed to decrease the shaking

in limbs that used to be beautiful but

now only harbour your tremble.

Convulsing pulse;

and you'll make me thirst for something I can

never touch.



You'll make me a slave to my seemingly emotionless, emotions.

And I'll be screaming on the inside to be released

from your elemental prison.

You will try and contain all that I possess,

and in the end,

grey crystal vacancy is all that will be left.



I refuse to be your broken babydoll;

your little lithium princess.


No comments:

Post a Comment