Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Different Parts of the Same Bird






I'm sure that it isn't a surprise that when I'm not feeling well. When I'm sad or stressed or depressed or feeling a plethora of bipolar symptoms that I go and look at pictures of birds online.

The Blue Jay is a beautiful bird that we don't have here in the Western part of the U.S. We have Stellar's Jays here in the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately they aren't as magnificent to look at like the Blue Jays, but hey, I'll take what I can get.


What is it that makes me enjoy the Blue Jay more? Well I love the intricacies of his feathers. He has bars on his wings, a fantastic little crest and he's prettier. He's made up of so many different feathers. It's all of his little details that make him a whole bird that is different than his western counterpart Stellar.

We are all different parts of the same person and every part needs to be nurtured in order for the whole to grow.

Often times I can only see the whole part, the bigger picture in the birds. Other times, they form complicated thought patterns in my brain and I can't help but see the metaphor in my life spelled out on these beautiful feathered friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment