Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Of Things to Come and Things that Were

Well this Darling has had a rough couple of weeks. It seems that my brain has decided that its easier to work against me than for me. I have six more weeks to wait until I go in to see the new psych and hopefully we can get these mood swings under control.
It's really hard to want to be happy and know that if you weren't dealing with the bullshit with your imbalanced brain you could be happy all the time. It's hard to have to fight against your own body for control. Moods are fickle at the best of times and when you feel like you're constantly on a yo-yo as it is, damn it gets fucking tiring. Not to mention I know that I'm irritating at least one person and I really don't want to be responsible for poking the beast so to speak.


Sooo…in prep for my appointment I did an online search for mood stabilizers to get familiar with what was out there other than the zombie sickness called Lithium. It appears that all of them cause weight gain which is not really what I wanted to hear but the alternative isn't that thrilling either. Well in doing some research I found out that Omega 3 fatty acids purportedly are good for stabilizing moods. I have honestly never heard of that before and I will need to do a little more reasearch on this one, but just the thought that there could be a drug free way to deal with my moods is enough for me to sit down and really take a look at the facts and studies regarding Omega-3's.

This little piece of information has also pushed me to start researching other natural products that could be beneficial to my mental health. I'm really excited about this research and I hope that I can come up with something that could possibly work for me. :)

Other than that, not much else going on. Norwescon is approaching quickly and I'm definitely excited about that. Volunteering with Dethcon which I am looking forward to. Also will be on a special assignment for that Saturday night and I'm curious as to what that will bring. Details are to be discussed on Monday and I’m pretty sure I wont update you all. ;)
Right now my goals are to get back on track on more than a couple of things that I have been slacking on and to try and just hang in there for the moment. There is so much to be done in the upcoming weeks that I am glad to be busy and to keep focused but part of me just wants a vacation and to lay in bed all day eating bon-bons and watching crappy reality tv. :P

Until next time.

- D.

No comments:

Post a Comment