Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 Days in More than 30 - Topic #6 - Your Day [or how I drag it off topic]

My day started like all work days started before it. The alarm goes off and I press snooze. I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning sometimes. It is especially hard when I barely get any sleep the night before be it from my own doing or just my body deciding that it doesn't want to go to sleep.

I got up and got ready to go to work. This entails straightening my hair, washing my face, brushing my teeth, putting on three pounds of make-up and five pounds of black clothing. Today I wore my favorite work skirt, a black blouse and a pair of knee socks with a purple and pink argyle design.

I try to leave the house by eight-twenty so I have enough time to stop and get a cup of coffee. I always listen to my iPod on the way in and try not to start dancing in the middle of the sidewalk. Sometimes I don't feel like walking all the way to work, so I'll just have a smoke and walk up to Bell street to catch the bus to take me the rest of the way. I always go to the Starbucks in Benaroya Hall and they always write my name on the cup. This morning I had a Grande Americano.

When I got to work I promptly spilled half of my Americano down my blouse. Needless to say, I smell like coffee. Then I worked until my lunch hour and I then went out and got some sushi…

FUCK! This really is a boring subject isn't it? Tonight I'm headed off to the bar with some friends to watch game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals. Vancouv-ah Canucks versus the Boston Bruins. Strangely I really enjoy watching hockey now because it isn't forced upon me like it was in that other lifetime. I'll never be into it, into it, but I most certainly will be a typical Vancouver fan…you know, jump on that bandwagon. *lol* I'm having fun learning more about the game, or should I say, remembering more about the game. It helps to be at a bar with a cold beer and some good friends. :)

The rest of my day will be kept busy with housework and other random things. Perhaps I'll just go to bed early for once…nah!



GO!! CANUCKS GO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment