Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

30 Days in More than 30 - Topic #3 - Your Parents



My parents are two vastly different people that had two vastly different children. I'm not sure if I really want to talk about my parents on an open forum such as this.

My parents separated when I was eleven and I hate to say it, I've felt like I've been on my own since then. I have to give my mom a lot of credit for raising me and my sister on her own though. I can't imagine what it was like to put up with me in my teen years. I suppose if I could go back, I'd take out all those times I tried/threatened to kill myself. I can't imagine the kind of stress that I put on her by doing that. I wasn't a horrible kid, but I wasn't the greatest either. I'm still not sure to this day if she ever knew about the drug use and the drinking. Regardless, she was and is a wonderful and strong woman who has dealt with a lot in her life lately. I feel very fortunate that I can be there for her and although there are many miles between us, there isn't a day that my heart doesn't find her.

I'm not sure if I really want to talk about my father at this time. I love him and I'm pretty sure he still loves me, despite everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment