Memento Mori

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Professional Darling

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I was once another girl...

I like how crappy nights turn happy with just one stop at the bookstore.

All dressed up, I'm getting strange looks from this short asian guy who is staring at my four-inch-patent-leather-platform-boots. Sitting on my heels in the science fiction section of half-price books trying to remember to remember to start carrying that important piece of paper around with me. that piece of paper, lists of all the books I need to find.

The bad music from Cafe Metropolitain gave me a headache and the lights in half-price books is not making it any better. My arms full:

A Wizard of Earthsea - Ursula Le Guin
Dzur - Steven Brust
The Word for World is Forest - Ursula Le Guin
Issola - Steven Brust

I pause to fix the laces on one of my boots. Stack the beauty before me and as I look up ever so slightly to my eleven:

Mouse Guard Comic

*grab*

*stand*

*dance*

Headache magically gone and I'm on my way home for belly time.

No comments:

Post a Comment